Saturday 19 May 2012

How I Spent My Summer Vacation / Get the Gringo

A career criminal (Gibson) nabbed by Mexican authorities is placed in a tough prison where he learns to survive with the help of a 9-year-old boy. 

Billed as Mel Gibson's come back film, and i think its safe to say it is. Though i think the film could have had a little more publicity and why it has two names is beyond me. Get the Gringo would have worked here in the UK and in the States.

The relationship between Gibson and the kid was great and the banter between them was a major part of the film. I'd say the partnership worked even better than that of Gibson and Glover in the Lethal Weapon films. Gibson can still carry a film, whatever his problems off screen the 56 year old still pull off the 'action hero'.

I liked the way the film built the story up, everything flowed nicely building up to the climax at the end. Yes there will be films with more action and bigger budget, but i would highly recommend seeing this film, you wont be disappointed! I give this film 4/5 but it could easily have been 5/5.

No comments: